There are plenty of Hotels in Madrid within walking distance of the conference venue, from budget to exclusive.
The closest hotel, a couple of meters away from the venue, is the exclusive (and rather expensive) Hotel NH Collection Madrid Suecia (*****). Renovated in 2016, the hotel was originally opened in 1956 and served as Ernest Hemingway’s and the revolutionary Che Guevara’s Madrid home.
More economic options, but still very close, are:
- Hotel Lusso Infantas (****, 200m)
- Hotel Petit Palace Alcalá (****, 250m)
- Hotel Petit Palace Lealtad Plaza (****, 300m)
- Hotel One Shot Prado 23 (****, 300m)
- Hotel One Shot Recoletos 04 (****, 350m)
- Hotel Quatro Puerta del Sol (****, 350m)
- Hotel Petit Palace Chueca (***, 400m)
- Hotel Casual Madrid del Teatro (**, 450m)
Spanish hostales are family-led hotels, not to confuse with hostels (which would be translated to Spanish as albergues), that offer good and comfortable accommodation, in general at lower rates. Usually when Spanish scholars come to Madrid, they stay in a hostal as the reimbursement that they are allowed under Spanish law only allows them to reserve a less expensive accommodation. Closeby to the venue, following hostales will welcome you:
- Hostal Las Cortes (280m)
- Hostal Oporto (280m)
- Hostal Delfina (400m)
- Hostal San Lorenzo (500m)
- Hostal Prim (700m)
- and, a little further away, Hostal Gallardo (1.5km).
All these hostales are tidy and clean, have wifi, air conditioning, and each room has its own bathroom.