This year’s OSS and OpenSym will also select presentations of journal papers based on submissions from authors. The goal is to accommodate as many journal first presentations as possible. Given the transversality of topics at OSS and OpenSym, there is no list of participating journals and magazines, but can be any journal listed in the Scimago Journal and Country Rank.
Journal first papers are journal papers that describe original results and accepted for publicaiton related to Open Source Software and Open Collaboration and are not extensions of previous conference papers. A journal first paper must adhere to the following criteria:
- Reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work; and
- Does not extend any of the author’s prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work; and
- Does not repurpose materials previously published at a conference to target software professionals.
We invite the authors of journal first papers to submit a talk proposal. For a journal paper to be eligible to participate in the J1C2 program at OSS and OpenSym 2022, the paper must be:
- In scope of the conference, that is, the paper contains work related to OSS and Open Collaboration(see the OSS and OpenSym Research Track Call for Papers for possible topics);
- Accepted in one of the journals and magazines listed in the journal Scimago Journal and Country Rank; and
- Accepted after January 1, 2019 and by the J1C2 submission deadline.
How to Submit
Interested authors should submit a short talk proposal consisting of the paper title, abstract, a short statement on how the work satisfies the journal first criteria, and the PDF of the accepted paper. All submissions must be in PDF and must be submitted online by the deadline via email to Gregorio Robles (grex at gsyc.urjc.es).
The J1C2 committee, composed of the General Chair and the Programe co-chairs, will check that the submission is within the scope of the conference. We plan to select as many papers as possible for inclusion in the J1C2 program. As the articles have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for scientific correctness. They will be checked for the journal first criteria and prioritized according to fit to the conference theme. Authors will not receive any reviews with the notification.
At least one author of each accepted J1C2 contribution must register and attend the conference to present the paper. The J1C2 papers will not be part of the OSS and OpenSym conference proceedings, but of the companion volume. Instead they will be published through the journals. However, we expect that authors of accepted J1C2 make a preprint of the paper available to OSS and OpenSym 2022 participants.
Submission: July 31st 2022
Notification: August 5th 2022
Early Bird Registration: August 10th, 2022
Camera ready: August 19th 2022
Submissions close at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)